Current Job Openings
Wheatland Center School District is an equal opportunity school district. Below is a listing of our current job openings. All application materials are due by the date specified. If no date is listed, then the position will remain open until filled. Please direct any questions to Carolyn Spangler 262-537-3903.Non-Certified Staff Positions:
If interested in any of the non-certified positions please complete the job application (Click Here: Job Application & Background Check Form) and turn it into the front office, Attention: Carolyn Spangler.
Posting Date: November 16, 2017
Position: Special Education Program Aide Long Term Substitute
Closing Date: Until filled
Location: Wheatland Center School
Hourly Rate: $12.50 starting
Hourly Description: Between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Approx. Hours Per Week: 30 hrs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess or able to obtain a Wisconsin Special Education Aide License
- Willing to work with students with varying disabilities
The program aide duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to the following activities:
- Assisting teacher/therapist in preparing student for instruction/therapy
- Transporting/accompanying children to program/services
- Assist in classroom management
- Aide special education students with independent assignments/reinforce previous learning
- Assist with classroom maintenance
- Record daily progress/charting, data collection, etc. for special education students
- Provide health related care for special education student as trained and properly supervised
- Assist a physically handicapped child in the regular education classroom
- Participate in all required pre-service and in service training and workshops including Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training and CPR/First Aid
- Other job related duties as assigned by teacher, therapist, or building administration
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift up to 60 lbs or 150 lbs in a two person lift
How to Apply:
Those interested should submit a letter of application and complete the district job application available on our school’s website www.wheatland.k12.wi.us by the closing date to Carolyn Spangler. Please complete application materials as soon as possible as the district reserves the right to fill the positions prior to the closing date if the appropriate candidates are found.
Employment with Wheatland J1 School District is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check.Substitute Bus Drivers:
CDL, License Required; will assist qualified applicants with training. $18.50 per hour. Contact School District for application, or download a copy from the link above.Certified Staff Positions:
The Board of Education does not discriminate in the employment of administrative staff on the basis of the Protected Classes of race, color, national origin, age, sex (including transgender status, change of sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity), pregnancy, creed or religion, genetic information, handicap or disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, military service (as defined in 111.32, Wis. Stats.), national origin, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, use or non-use of lawful products off the District’s premises during non-working hours, declining to attend an employer-sponsored meeting or to participate in any communication with the employer about religious matters or political matters, or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment practices.
Wheatland Jt. #1 School District
6606 368th Avenue
Burlington, WI 53105